Monday 11 July 2016

Adventures are the best way to learn.



The cafe' in Dusseldorf Airport where we  indulged in a tasty German beer...

...and a wonderful late lunch! Delicious!


DUBAI, U.A.E to DUSSELDORF, GERMANY to STUTTGART, GERMANY - November 28/29 2015

Around eight hours after leaving Dubai we arrived in Dusseldorf. We were ecstatic to get off our second Emirates flight and have a stopover of almost four hours before boarding an Air Berlin flight for our very short flight to Stuttgart.

We didn't leave the airport while we were at Dusseldorf (we were really just enjoying being out of a plane after twenty plus hours of flying!) but were really impressed with it. It didn't take too long to get through customs on our entry into Germany, and the cafe we went to was amazing! Such a great array of food and beverages and at such very reasonable prices. As a bonus, the Smoking Lounge in Dusseldorf Airport was the complete opposite of the one in Dubai. Even a non-smoker could sit in there and breathe.

I was beyond happy to be in Germany and knew it was only a matter of short hours before we arrived in Stuttgart which was to be the real start of our holiday. I was going to stay with my friend Helga in Stuttgart, and Matt (my son) had booked a hostel room in Stuttgart. He had friends to meet up with and I was fortunate to have Helga planning to show me around her home city as she had taken a week of holidays to do so.

Helga had visited me in Australia a few times so it was wonderful to meet her and her husband, Klaus at the Stuttgart Airport. They took us back to their home for a delicious dinner before dropping my son off at the hostel. Though exhausted from the long day of travelling, I managed to stay awake until a reasonable time to get my body clock reset to European time. It worked. I slept well and woke up the next day with very minimal jetlag.

Our holiday was really about to begin!


About to land in Stuttgart - almost sunset on Sunday 29th November, 2015. 

The beautiful nativity scene at Stuttgart Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment